Reach the media
The fair media provides participating companies with a unique opportunity to take advantage of the publicity surrounding the event. Deft communication can bring concrete benefits. As a rule, the publicity surrounding the fair is positive. Reporters come to the events to get a scent of current trends as well as new products and services.
Reach the media at the fair
Make sure you reap the rewards by actively publicising your participation before, during and after the fair. You can spot the reporters ambling around the fair area by their ‘PRESS’ badges.
• The Messukeskus press centre is a journalist HQ during the fair. Remember to deliver your press releases there.
• Use eMessukeskus to post your own press releases.
• Send a press release to the trade publications covering your sector and other reporters (e.g., specialist and general media, local media).
• Invite representatives of the press to visit your stand.
• Give thought to how you will cater for media representatives at your stand.
• The fair may be just the right place to hold your own press conference.
You can also tip off the PR Officer of the event about your interesting fair topics.
Own press conference
You can organise your own press conference for the fair. This is worth considering when newsworthy issues crop up in connection with your participation:
• The launch of a new product or service
• Publication of research results pertaining to your sector at the fair
• The presence of an expert of your field with a high media-profile at your stand
• A new invention or solution important to your sector
Messukeskus’s versatile meeting rooms – perhaps even your own stand – provide an excellent backdrop for a press conference. When planning your press conference, get in touch with the event’s PR Officer. The PR Officer will provide you with information on possible concurrent press events and tips on organising your press conference.