One of the world’s most liveable cities, welcomes conference participants from all over the world to work for the common good and to enjoy our beautiful surroundings.
Helsinki is the 14th most popular congress city in the world (UIA Union of International Associations): Advantages include its efficient services and cooperation with local event organisers. Helsinki is also a leader in the congress sector in terms of sustainable development.
“We have never felt more welcome than in Messukeskus. Excellent preparation which lead to a perfect meeting! The fact that all people involved act as one team makes it very easy to manage. Extremely helpful and friendly staff.”
Barbara Koelman , SETAC, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Messukeskus – The Perfect Venue for large and small congresses
It annually organises or hosts 1,500 meetings and congresses. It has become particularly well known for its major international science and organisational congresses, which are attended by thousands of people. Messukeskus works in close cooperation with Business Finland, Visit Finland, Helsinki Marketing and various convention bureaus.
September 2022Known for its excellent customer experience and inspiring world-class speakers, the Nordic Business Forum brings together international business decision-makers, experts and thought leaders year after year. Drivers and phenomena of business life are on the agenda, but also sharing ideas and networking. Read more
October 2022We had the pleasure to host the gala dinner of AIA Thailand's yearly congress. The enormous project was carried out in only 10 weeks. Read more
(European Association for International Education)"The technique worked to perfection. Plenary was one of the best experiences ever."
Holger Omlor, Head of Events Read more
(European People's Party)"Together with the friendly, client-oriented and very professional Messukeskus staff EPP managed to provide all delegates with an unforgettable experience."
Luc Vandeputte, Deputy Secretary General
(HIMSS & Health 2.0)"Event in Finland was our most successful European conference ever. We only had one problem, which was a positive one: with a record-breaking 3,000 participants, the exhibition venue was filled to the brim.”
Hal Wolf, President and CEO
(Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry"There is not one single thing that we could think of that Messukeskus could have done better. The cooperation was excellent."
(The Spine Society of Europe)"Thank you for being so professional, helpful, flexible, proactive and at the same time always nice, smiling and with a good sense of humour. You made it easy for us turning EUROSPINE 2019 into a big success."
Grit Költringer, MBA, Senior Project Manager, Mondial Congress & Events
January 13-15, 2021“There were five parallel transmission units in use at Messukeskus, as well as recess rooms. All the facilities were located close to each other and proved to be functional. We received technical support from Messukeskus’ audio visual team SVV, they know what they’re doing. Thank you Messukeskus and SVV, we were in good hands, technical challenges were always tackled!” says Training Coordinator Terhi Hulkko from the Finnish Medical Association.
December 16, 2020“We received excellent and clear sparring assistance for the production from Messukeskus’ audio visual experts. The virtual studio worked perfectly and the graduation party was spectacular. The feedback has also been very positive. We learned to produce the event in a new, good way thanks to Messukeskus’ professionals,” says Riitta Antikainen from Business College Helsinki.
- CCW 2023 Critical Communications World, May 23-25 (3000 participants)
- WCEF2023 World Circular Economy Forum 2023, May 30-31 (2000 participants)
- ESE 2023 Congress of the European Society of Endodontology, September 6-9 (2500 participants)
- EuGMS 2023 Congress of the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society, September 20-22 (1500 participants)
- AEC 2023 Alzheimer Europe Conference, November 16–18 (700 participants)
- EAN 2024 European Academy of Neurology, June 29–July 2 (6000 participants)
- ICN 2025 International Council of Nurses, June 9-13 (5000 participants
Some past congresses
- ECTS 2022 European Calcified Tissues Society, 730 participants on site, 210 online
- NUF 2022 Congress of the Scandinavian Association of Urology, 450 participants
- HIMSS 22 European Health Conference & Exhibition, 2300 participants
- ICE 2022 XXVI International Congress of Entomology, 1200 participants
- ISTT 2022 Conference of the International Society for Trenchless Technology -NO DIG 20-, 200 participants
- EAS 2021 European Atherosclerosis Society, 2369 participants online (live studio in Messukeskus Helsinki)
- EAOO Helsinki2021 European Academy of Optometry and Optics, 600 participants online (live studios in Messukeskus Helsinki)
- EAIE 2019 European Association for International Education, 6200 participants
- EuroSpine 2019 The Spine Society of Europe, 3430 participants
- SETAC 2019 Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 2150 participants
- HIMSS & HEALTH 2.0 European Conference 2019, 3000 participants
- EPP 2018 Congress European People’s Party, 3000 participants
- FIG Working Week 2017 International Federation of Surveyors, 1500 participants
- Smart regions EU-conference, 800 participants
- EAACI 2017 European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 8100 participants
- WGC 2017 World Glaucoma Congress, 3500 participants
- Worldcon 2017 World Science Fiction Convention, 10000 visitors
- AMEE 2017 International Association for Medical Education, 3700 participants
- ESHRE 2016 European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, 9700 participants & exhibitor