One of the world’s most liveable cities, welcomes conference participants from all over the world to work for the common good and to enjoy our beautiful surroundings.
Helsinki is the 14th most popular congress city in the world (UIA Union of International Associations): Advantages include its efficient services and cooperation with local event organisers. Helsinki is also a leader in the congress sector in terms of sustainable development.
“We have never felt more welcome than in Messukeskus. Excellent preparation which lead to a perfect meeting! The fact that all people involved act as one team makes it very easy to manage. Extremely helpful and friendly staff.”
Barbara Koelman , SETAC, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Messukeskus – The Perfect Venue for large and small congresses
It annually organises or hosts 1,500 meetings and congresses. It has become particularly well known for its major international science and organisational congresses, which are attended by thousands of people. Messukeskus works in close cooperation with Business Finland, Visit Finland, Helsinki Marketing and various convention bureaus.
(European Association for International Education)"The technique worked to perfection. Plenary was one of the best experinces ever."
Holger Omlor, Head of Events Read more
(European People's Party)"Together with the friendly, client-oriented and very professional Messukeskus staff EPP managed to provide all delegates with an unforgettable experience."
Luc Vandeputte, Deputy Secretary General
(HIMSS & Health 2.0)"Event in Finland was our most successful European conference ever. We only had one problem, which was a positive one: with a record-breaking 3,000 participants, the exhibition venue was filled to the brim.”
Hal Wolf, President and CEO
(Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry"There is not one single thing that we could think of that Messukeskus could have done better. The cooperation was excellent."
(The Spine Society of Europe)"Thank you for being so professional, helpful, flexible, proactive and at the same time always nice, smiling and with a good sense of humour. You made it easy for us turning EUROSPINE 2019 into a big success."
Grit Költringer, MBA, Senior Project Manager, Mondial Congress & Events
- ESOC 2021 European Stroke Organisation Conference, September 1–3 (6,000 participants)
- EAS 2021 European Atherosclerosis Society, May 30–June 2, (2,500 participants)
- HIMSS & HEALTH 2.0 European Conference 2021, June 8–10
- ESE Congress of the European Society of Endodontology, dates to be confirmed (2,800 participants)
- ECTS 2022 European Calcified Tissues Society, May 6–10 (800 participants
- EAN 2022 European Academy of Neurology , June 4–7 (6,000 participants)
- EAC 2022 European Alzheimer Conference, October 16–19 (700 participants)
- ISTT 2022 Conference of the International Society for Trenchless Technology -NO DIG 20-, October 3–5 (500 participants)
- EUGMS 2023 Congress of the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society, September 20–23 (2,500 participants)
- ESHG 2023 Annual Meeting of the European Society of Human Genetics, June 3–6 (4,000 participants)
- EAPC 2024 Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care, June 5–8 (2,800 participants)
- EAIE 2019 (European Association for International Education), September 24–27, 2019 (estimation 5,000 participants)
- EuroSpine 2019 (The Spine Society of Europe), October 15–18, 2019 (estimation 2,500 participants)
- SETAC 2019 (Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry); 2150 participants (estimation 2,000)
- HIMSS & HEALTH 2.0 2019; 3000 participants (estimation 2,500)
- EPP 2018 Congress (European People’s Party); 3000 participants (estimation 2,000)
- FIG Working Week 2017 (International Federation of Surveyors); 1,500 participants (estimation 1,000)
- Smart regions EU-conference; 800 participants
- EAACI 2017 (European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology); 8,100 participants (estimation 7,000)
- WGC 2017 (World Glaucoma Congress); 3,500 participants (estimation 2,000)
- Worldcon 2017 (World Science Fiction Convention); 10,000 visitors (estimation 6,000)
- AMEE 2017 (International Association for Medical Education); 3,700 participants (estimation 3,500)
- ESHRE 2016 (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology); 9,700 participants & exhibitors