Looking for a reliable partner to organise an event?
Our experience of thousands of events, our versatile premises and high-class conference services enable the organisation of large and small congresses, meetings and events.
360 virtual tour
Take a closer look at our premises. You can browse our meeting rooms, restaurants, foyer areas and halls from the virtual tour. Use also the facilities list to check more detailed info and capacities.
Plan an event in Messukeskus
With Messukeskus Helsinki, your events are in good hands. We provide a perfect environment for successful encounters. Contact us and let’s plan a memorable event together!
Request an offer
Get inspired in our new meeting facilities LOISTO and RENTO.
55 facilities, 22 restaurants and a sauna for events and congresses
Full-service event houses Messukeskus and Wanha Satama at your service: tel. + 358 40 450 3251, firstname.lastname@example.org
All ready for gala dinners and cocktail events
We can provide catering for both small and intimate dinners up to 6,000 and buffets for up to 10,000 guests. In Wanha Satama we can serve 3,000 gala guests.
From Finnish delights to ethnic flavors
Match your catering to meet event theme and goals. Exclusive responsibility for food and beverage services rests with Fazer Restaurants. We are happy to help personalising your menu.
Chairs in our meeting rooms
Meetings, congresses and corporate events in 2015
seats in our Amfi-hall
The Biggest in 2016
The world’s leading organisation in the field of health and reproductive medicine, the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), held its Annual Meeting of the year 2016 at Messukeskus Helsinki. It was the biggest congress of the year in Finland.
In July 2016 the congress gathered nearly 10,000 visitors from over 100 countries, and the event utilised the entire Messukeskus Helsinki. One of the biggest medical exhibitions ever held in Finland was organised simultaneously. The financial impact of the event was substantial as ESHRE is estimated to have generated over 15 million euros to the Helsinki metropolitan area.
– We looked for a suitable city in northern Europe. Messukeskus Helsinki’s versatile premises suited our purposes well and Helsinki’s immaculate reputation as a congress city also influenced our decision, summarises Managing Director Bruno Van den Eede from ESHRE.
Scientific congresses are like massive caravans travelling from one country and city to another.
– Even though most delegates are from Europe, we also have delegates from, for example, India, China and the USA. This is the main event for the members of ESHRE.
The congress provides a platform for presenting the latest research results from the field of reproductive research. – The feedback from our visitors was positive. Some of our regular participants considered this year’s congress to be one of the best in the history of ESHRE. All in all it can be said that the personnel of Messukeskus Helsinki really went the extra mile to make our congress a success. Organising an event of this magnitude requires careful planning, effective work and seamless cooperation. All this combined with the helpful, positive and professional attitude of the staff equals success, lists Van den Eede. – I am very thankful for the Messukeskus team: Pirre, Tommi, Pertti, Vesa, Susanne and all the others.
Synergy between premises and services
According to Van den Eede, venue plays a key role in successful congresses.
– We needed plenty of room for our meetings and seminars as the programme included hundreds of presentations, panel discussions and debates. The time table was also demanding. To our advantage the meeting rooms, seminar halls and exhibition premises were all close to each other. Time is of the essence and this way visitors didn’t need to reserve a lot of time for moving from one occasion to another. One big challenge was our Annual Meeting for which we needed a very large venue. The Amfi Hall of Messukeskus Helsinki turned out to be perfect for the occasion.
The ESHRE exhibition showcased the latest equipment and solutions. It has a central role in the event, this time in a very concrete manner. – Altogether 146 exhibitors filled the biggest exhibition hall of Messukeskus Helsinki and the exhibition was in the middle of all the action. The cafés and restaurants serving lunch were in the same hall and visitors could easily get acquainted with the exhibition during their breaks. Needless to say that our exhibitors were very pleased with this arrangement.
Critical areas in shape
Well-functioning audio-visual technology and information technology, as well as catering services, are a must in these types of events. Everything must work smoothly. – We are very demanding when it comes to audio-visual services and IT, states Van den Eede. – Many of us travel from one congress to another and expect these things to work. It is essential in our work.
Offering appropriate catering services was also challenging. – Having people from all over the world sets great demands as different cultural backgrounds and preferences must be taken into consideration. The visitors of ESHRE gave credit for the Fazer restaurant services and the amount of critical feedback was almost non-existing.
The ESHRE Annual Meeting was the second paperless congress of the organisation.
– We disregarded the traditional congress portfolios and all programme and material was in digital form. Thousands of users logged on to the network simultaneously and used our mobile application. High-speed internet connection and easy access to a wireless network were an absolute necessity. We have experienced what the worst case scenario can be but this time there was no need to worry, summarises Van den Eede.
Helsinki lived up to the expectations
The ESHRE congress caravan travels from one country and city to another around Europe.
– Helsinki possesses the qualities that we look for in a congress city, states Van den Eede. Good flight connections, the compact size and the simple clarity of the city make Helsinki an excellent congress destination. It is difficult to get lost. Helsinki has plenty of beautiful nature and the city can be considered safe on an international scale. This is a huge advantage in today’s world.
Van den Eede has one suggestion for improvement
– Helsinki could increase its hotel capacity. Our congress was large enough to really test the capacity of the hotels. More accommodation options would surely bring more international events to Helsinki.
Our keys to success
The experts of Messukeskus Helsinki really went the extra mile and showed their expertise at ESHRE 2016. Project Manager Pirre Sandström led the team whose responsibility was to meet the expectations of the customer.
SVV Suomen Videoviestintä – audio-visual experts
- The audio-visual knowhow and IT expertise, not to mention the state-of-the-art equipment, all met the requirements and expectation of the customer. The wireless connection was surely pushed to the limit but everything worked perfectly, Sandström rejoices.
- ESHRE also challenged the construction and design services of Messukeskus Helsinki. The exhibition stands were impressive and big. Also adjusting the meeting rooms and seminar halls according to the customer’s needs pushed the construction services to the limit but the results pleased all parties.
- The customer service of Messukeskus Helsinki was put to the test already months before the event. Visitors and exhibitors from all over the world required answers to all kinds of questions and none of them proved to be too difficult for the customer service professionals to handle.
Fazer restaurant services
- Providing nearly 10,000 people with nourishment each day required precision and hard work. Taking the visitors’ different backgrounds and preferences into consideration was an utmost necessity.
- Knowing where to go is an essential element in a congress of this size. No time can be wasted. Good, informative signs guide visitors effectively to where they need to be. Standiman took care of designing and manufacturing the needed signs in accordance with the visual appearance of the congress.
- Security is the cornerstone of successful international congresses and requires meticulous planning and preparations. It is one of the key issues considered when choosing a suitable venue for any event.
Text Juha Kontu
Images Pekka Hannila
New recipe for energising meeting rooms
– Colours do matter, says Nanna Ihamäki. Nanna works as a designer at Messukeskus Helsinki and is known for her bold use of colours and diverse materials. Her aim is to create spaces where people want to return again and again.
– In Messukeskus we reinvent ourselves constantly as we aim to provide our customers with the opportunity to organise their events in an energising yet functional environment. We listen to our customers and are always on the look-out for new ideas to develop. Comprehensive renovations were carried out this summer with an emphasis on comfort, ergonomics and a stimulating atmosphere.
No more just white walls
Nanna designed the interiors for the new RENTO and LOISTO meeting rooms as well as the ecologically-oriented restaurant Olohuone. Her designs have already gained attention and acclaim.
– Traditional furnishing is simply not enough anymore. Previously, customers arranged and outfitted the rooms, and the materials produced at meetings found their way onto plain white walls. Now people also want the meeting room to inspire them. The vision of Messukeskus is to provide a stimulating, people-friendly and economical meeting venue, and this applies to our interior too, Nanna explains.
Ergonomics is an important part of well-being at work, which, in turn, is reflected in the competitiveness of companies. When people feel good at work, they work more effectively. The environment in which you spend your whole work day is not insignificant, regardless of whether we are talking about the office, or a training day location.
Functionality is the key
Nanna provided flexibility and a personal touch to our meeting rooms. RENTO’s tables can be tilted and fully adjusted according to one’s height. Chairs and tables are easy to move, and adapt easily to the day’s event as they can be rearranged from a classroom setting into other settings ideal for team work, for example. In RENTO up to 40 people can meet in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
RENTO is a windowless space, so colourful and lively wallpapers and furnishings were chosen to create a cheerful and light-filled atmosphere. Yellow is known for its ability to increase concentration, and green reminds us of nature and has a calming and relaxing effect on us. All this makes RENTO particularly suitable for all kinds of trainings and seminars.
LOISTO is the diamond of our meeting facilities. The elegant salon and the sturdy meeting table accommodate up to 14 persons.
– I wanted to create a dark-coloured and dignified space that nonetheless has some character. The humoristic fish pattern in the wallpaper gives a certain lightness even to more formal meetings, and the shiny brass details add a touch of luxury. This is a meeting room where you want to invite customers to pamper them with a little luxury. LOISTO is particularly well-suited for board meetings and elegant dinners to celebrate success, added Nanna.
– I was amazed by the wallpapers designed by Italian Piero Fornasetti. Nanna was able to capture the lively and playful yet businesslike concepts and plan the interiors suitable for various events from board meetings to seminars, brainstorming sessions and networking events. Meeting facilities can raise feelings, says Marketing Manager Kaisa Siipilehto.
– Customers want even more nowadays. Together with a suitable space they are asking for event services and advice. We are constantly developing our services and increasing our partner network so that we are able to serve our customers even better. We give multiple opportunities to choose from. We want to surprise our customers and their customers, adds Kaisa.
Interior designer Nanna Ihamäki was interviewed by Marketing Manager Kaisa Siipilehto, who participated in creating new concepts for the meeting facilities at Messukeskus.
We warmly welcome you to try out the new meeting rooms!
– Kaisa & Nanna
20 small and big changes at Messukeskus Helsinki
We asked our customers how they would renew Messukeskus Helsinki and our events. This feedback kick-started numerous improvements. Now it is time to thank our customers and show what we have accomplished – big and small changes!
1. More salads, smoothies, fruit and juices have been added to the selections of our restaurants and cafés. Our movable coffee trolleys and super cheap mineral water Dropp offer quick rejuvenation during hectic days. Dropp is the official mineral water of Messukeskus Helsinki, this request also came from our customers. All profit from the sales of Dropp is donated to the conservation of the Baltic Sea.
2. It is now easier to give feedback. You may give feedback on our feedback stations at Messukeskus by using a mobile app and, of course, on our website.
3. Stand numbers have been clarified and our signposts on the aisles are now more visible than ever.
4. Take a load of – more benches, chairs and sofas have been added. Get more energy from small breaks.
5. Many visitors leave their coats to the cloakroom. Now visitors can also bring their shopping bags to the cloakroom during their visit with no extra charge. Keep your hands free for more tasty samples and shopping!
6. Welcome children! Our renewed day-care facilities are opened this autumn to better serve this special and important visitor group.
7. Olohuone is our new restaurant in the Southern Entrance. It is an easy-to-find meeting point for anyone visiting Messukeskus Helsinki.
8. Charge your phone at Messukeskus Helsinki! We have added more charging stations to the Southern Entrance. Leave your device into a locked compartment and continue your visit.
9. Our Southern and Northern Entrances offer parking for bikes.
10. Many of our events have longer opening hours on weekdays. This way you can stop by after work.
11. We offer one year passes for our most frequent visitors. This pass entitles you to visit all consumer events organised by Messukeskus Helsinki in one calendar year. The new VIP ticket also includes a free visit for a friend and free cloakroom services.
12. Who is who? In trade shows it is now easier to see who is who as our ID badges have been improved.
13. A new mobile application makes it easy to register all visitors on your stand. The Procode ContactMate application registers information from the visitors’ ID badges, saves the info and gives you the opportunity to edit it.
14. Incredible sounds take you to another world – stay tuned as the audio atmosphere of Messukeskus Helsinki is also being renewed!
15. The OnniBussi bus service offers cheaper transportation. Buy tickets to our events from our online store in advance and give your booking code at the Onnibussi ticket sale to receive the benefit.
16. The new start up areas in trade shows will make it easier to network and offer a cost-effective way for small start-ups to promote their business.
17. More tailored training for exhibitors. Half-day workshops on how to make the most of the event are free for all exhibitors.
18. Our visitors have requested own events for cars and the elderly people. Both these wishes come true this autumn as Auto 2016 and 55plus are organised in November!
19. The members of Messuklubi receive newsletters of their favourite events. The renewed newsletters include more special offers, VIP programme and other benefits than ever before.
20. First impression is made only once. Our entrances will be revamped with special lighting and other elements to make each visit something to remember. A bigger renovation is also coming soon.
More ideas? We’ll be happy to listen. Tell them to us in social media using hashtag #messukeskus!
2 päivää sitten