Our economic responsibility
- The economic impact of Messukeskus on the surrounding community is €155m a year.
- Exhibitions, congresses and meetings contribute to employment in hotels, public transportation and restaurants in the Helsinki metropolitan area.
- In addition to its own personnel, Messukeskus employs around 30 partner companies on its premises.
Our environmental responsibility
- Messukeskus operates in accordance with sustainable principles.
- Messukeskus has been awarded ISO 9001 quality certification and ISO 14001 environmental certification.
- The Conference Centre of Messukeskus is part of the Sustainable Scandinavian Meetings Region of the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA).
- Messukeskus recycles all waste.
- Messukeskus favours organic and local food in catering.
Our environmental goals
- Reducing the amount of waste
- Halving the amount of organic waste
- Optimising energy use
- Cutting CO2 emissions by 7,300 tonnes
- Reducing energy consumption by 33,000 MWh
- Using the latest building systems to save energy
Our social responsibility
Messukeskus promotes the competence and well-being of its 270 skilled employees. Read more >>
Every year, the Finnish Fair Foundation, one of the owners of Messukeskus, awards prizes, scholarships and grants worth €400,000 in total, in order to support Finnish know-how. The most famous prizes are the Kaj Franck Design Prize, the Habitare Design Award, the For Love of the Book Award and the Young Designer of the Year Award.